Asus Router Block Internet Access For Device
When an unknown device is accessing your ASUS router network, then there is a need to prevent and block the device. The Asus router block internet access for device methods given below can help you to block the device from connecting to the router network.
Filter MAC address:
Each device has a physical address that is provided to the device connected to the network called the MAC address. You can use the MAC address of the device to block the device.
- Step 1:On the web browser, enter the ASUS router’s IP address in the search bar and open the router’s login page.
- Step 2:Type the User name and the Password to enter the configuration page of the router.
- Step 3:Under Advanced Settings, select the Wireless menu on the left side panel.
- Step 4:Following that, click the Wireless MAC Filter tab.
- Step 5:Choose the frequency from the Band drop-down menu, if your router supports many spectra of frequency.
- Step 6:In the Enable MAC Filter menu, select Yes and select Accept as the MAC Filter Mode option to proceed Asus router block internet access for device.
- Step 7:From the MAC Filter list panel, select the device’s MAC address and click the ‘plus’ symbol to block the device on the router.
- Step 8:If the device is not connected to your ASUS router’s network, the MAC address does not appear on the window. Thus, you can manually enter the MAC address (Client Name) of the device you have to block.
- Step 9:Then, click the Apply button to save the router settings.
Parental Control Settings:
Using the Parental Control settings, you can block a device for a time duration from accessing the router’s network.
- Step 1:After logging into the router setup page, click the AiProtection menu under the General section.
- Step 2:Select the Parental Controls option from the right-side panel, and then choose Time Scheduling pane.
- Step 3:If the device is present in the router’s network, the device’s MAC address displays under Client List; otherwise, you have to type the MAC address of the device.
- Step 4:Next, click the Time Management icon and enable the time schedule by clicking the toggle button, then set the time schedule for which the device can access the router network.
- Step 5:If the time schedule is not enabled, then the device is blocked the network access.
- Step 6:After that, click the ‘plus’ symbol in the Add/Delete column to add the device to the blocked list.
- Step 7:Then to complete Asus router block internet access for device settings, select OK to save the changes in the router settings.