At-T Router Vpn Setup
Installing a VPN (Virtual Private Network) for your router provides digital security. In addition, the devices connected to your VPN-enabled router will have encrypted access to the Internet. For detailed instructions about the At-T Router Vpn Setup, go through the steps given below.
Connecting the router to your computer:
- Step 1:First, turn on your AT&T router after verifying that it is properly connected to your modem.
- Step 2:Next, connect your computer to your router's Wi-Fi using the credentials such as SSID and network key.
- Step 3:If necessary, you can also connect the devices using a standard Ethernet cable.
Accessing the router configuration page:
On your computer, close all the running apps and launch the default browser. Type your router's IP address in the URL field and hit the Enter key. If you don't know your router's IP address, you cannot access the router setup page to configure the AT&T router settings for the VPN setup. So, identify the router IP address from your router's label. Or else, you can find it from your computer by following these steps.
- Step 1:Click the Start menu at the bottom-left corner of the desktop.
- Step 2:Type 'cmd' in the search field and hit Enter.
- Step 3:From the search result, right-click the Command Prompt app and select the Run as administrator option.
- Step 4:Type 'ipconfig' in the Command Prompt window and hit Enter.
- Step 5:Navigate to the Default Gateway section and note down your router's IP address.
- Step 1:On your Mac, head to the top-left corner and click the Apple menu to select System Preferences from the drop-down list.
- Step 2:Next, click the Network icon in the System Preferences window.
- Step 3:Select Wi-Fi from the left-side panel and click the Advanced button.
- Step 4:Go to the TCP/IP tab and identify your router's IP address next to Router.
Configure the VPN server settings:
- Step 1:On your AT&T router setup page, go to the left-side panel and check if it has a VPN client.
- Step 2:If it doesn't have a VPN client, go to the Internet connection type page and select L2TP, PPTP, or Static IP.
- Step 3:In the IP address field, input the VPN server address.
- Step 4:If prompted for DNS server, enter the public server address.
- Step 5:Save the settings and complete the AT&T router VPN setup.
- Step 1:If the VPN client on your router fails or you cannot perform the VPN setup manually, download a third-party VPN client such as ExpressVPN, NordVPN, PrivateVPN, OpenVPN, or Surfshark.
- Step 2:Before doing that, identify whether you are using the supported firmware version for your router. If not so, download and install the VPN firmware.
- Step 3:Update your router firmware with the downloaded VPN firmware.
- Step 4:Run the VPN setup and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Now we have seen how to perform At-T Router Vpn Setup