CHANGE SSID ON ROUTER
The default wireless network name should be printed at the rear side of your wireless router’s label. Change the network name to differentiate it from the neighbor network and for privacy purposes. For example, if you have purchased a TP-Link router, all models of it will have the same wireless network name. So, it is better to change SSID on router after configuration. The instructions to know how to change the SSID of the Linksys, Netgear, Xfinity, and D-Link router are provided on this webpage for your reference.
How To Change SSID On Linksys Router
- Step 1:Establish a connection between the Linksys router and your computer, and turn them on.
- Step 2:Go to the computer and launch your default web browser.
- Step 3:Enter the default IP address of the Linksys router in the address column. This will open the login web page of the Linksys router to change SSID on Linksys router.
- Step 4:If you have modified the IP address, use the new IP address to access the login page of the Linksys router.
- Step 5:Access the web-based setup page of the Linksys router using the username and password of it.
- Step 6:Search for the Wireless tab and type your preferred network name (SSID) in the Wireless Network Name field to change SSID on router.
- Step 7:Once done with changing the SSID of the Linksys router, click the Save Settings button to change SSID on Linksys router.