CONNECT CHROMECAST TO ROUTER
Step 1-Plug in your Chromecast
- Step 1:Take the Chromecast out of its box.
- Step 2:Plug it into your HDTV’s HDMI port. Connect a USB cable to the Chromcast and plug the other end of the cable into the USB port (powered USB port) of the TV.
- Step 3:Based on your HDTV type, the connections mentioned above might change.
- Step 4:When you plug in and power the Chromecast, it will turn on. Your Chromecast will start flashing as it turns on.
Step 2-Switch the HDTV Input to your Chromecast:
- Step 1:This step is easier than the first one.
- Step 2:Set up the HDTV Input to the HDMI port to which your Chromecast is connected.
- Step 3:Check if you see the Set Me Up screen.
- Step 4:Along with this friendly message, you will find the name of your Chromecast as well as a URL. This information will be helpful for the setup.
Step 3-Download Chromecast app:
- Step 1:Chromecast will have dedicated Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS apps for setup.
- Step 2:On your computer or mobile, go to Google.
- Step 3:Navigate to the Chromecast setup page.
- Step 4:Install the Chromecast app for the desired platform.
Step 4-Run Chromecast software:
- Step 1:The Chromecast app will list any Chromecast that is nearby in the setup mode.
- Step 2:This action is done automatically and does not depend on the type of platform being used.
- Step 3:In case you are going to set up multiple Chromecasts, look at the HDTV to which Chromecast is connected. Now, note down the number displayed on your screen.
- Step 4:After you finish setting up the Wi-Fi connection, you can start naming the Chromecasts.
Step 5-Confirm your Chromecast code:
- Step 1:After choosing the Chromecast, your device will try to communicate with it.
- Step 2:It will display a 4-character code on the screen. This should match with the code that is displayed on your device (in your setup software).
- Step 3:In case these two codes match, click the correct box.
- Step 4:You can now proceed with the remaining steps.
Step 6-Rename your Chromecast:
- Step 1:This step is just an optional one.
- Step 2:If you have many Chromecasts or you need to mark it as yours, the software lets you change its name.
- Step 3:If you are happy with ChromecastXXXX, then you do not have to change the name.
- Step 4:When you have multiple Chromecasts-one in each room, you can give a different name to every one of them.
- Step 5:So, based on where each of your Chromecasts is located-in the drawing room or bedroom, you can name them.
Step 7-Enter all your Wi-Fi information:
- Step 1:The software will populate (automatically) with the Wi-Fi network of your device.
- Step 2:Enter your network password. Chromecast will now attempt to log on to that network also. When it is done, you can start streaming to your Chromecast.
- Step 3:As of now, the Chromecast supports only Wi-Fi networks of 2.4 GHz.
Step 8-Begin using your Chromecast:
- Step 1:Your Chromecast is now set up and connected to the wireless router. You can now start using it.