HOW TO CONNECT NETGEAR ROUTER TO DSL MODEM?
Proceed with the steps given below to connect Netgear router to DSL modem.
- STEP : 1 Ensure that the Netgear router, DSL modem, and computer are turned off before you begin the connection.
- STEP : 2 Disconnect all the power cords from the modem, router, and computer.
Connecting the Netgear router to the modem
STEP : 1
Now, connect the Netgear router to your DSL modem.
STEP : 2
If the DSL modem is directly connected to your computer with an Ethernet cable, remove the cable.
STEP : 3
Plug in one end of the Ethernet cable to the DSL modem, and connect the other end to the WAN port on the rear side of the Netgear router.
STEP : 4
Connect the power cords back after you have set up the hardware connections.
Connecting to your computer
- STEP : 1 Using an Ethernet cable, connect one end of the cable to any one of the LAN port on the Netgear router.
- STEP :2 Connect another end of the Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port on your computer then connect Netgear router to DSL modem.
Installing the software
- STEP : 1 Turn on your computer to detect the Netgear router connected to your system.
- STEP : 2Once detected, open the router login page in your web browser.
- STEP : 3You can either enter the IP address of the router or go to the official Netgear website.
- STEP : 4 Enter the network credentials and log in to the web interface page of the router.
- STEP : 5 Enter your model number for the Netgear router and click the Firmware and Software Downloads section.
- STEP : 6 Select the required software and click the Download button next to it.
- STEP : 7 Now, save the file to a preferred location on your computer.
- STEP : 8 Double-click on the installer file of the software and continue with the on-screen instructions to install the software on your computer.
- STEP : 9 Finally, configure the Netgear router on the setup page and connect Netgear router to DSL modem.