How To Fix DNS server router problem?
A DNS server's function is to translate domain names (website URL) to IP addresses so that the browsers can navigate through the network to find the right information. Every device connected to the internet has a unique IP address that helps find the device on the internet. The DNS server holds the IP addresses and makes the browsing easy for us. If not, we would have to enter the IP address of every website we want to access. Sometimes we face the DNS server router problem for different reasons. Read more to learn how to fix them.
Solution-1: Try another web browser
- Step 1:If the DNS server error occurs while you are browsing, delete the cache memory, and the browsing history.
- Step 2:Check if the error occurs and update the browser application to the latest version.
- Step 3:If the error persists, use another web browser.
Solution-2: Turn off the firewall
- Step 1:The security settings like a firewall can block the DNS server activities, so it is better to disable it.
- Step 2:Open the router configuration page on the computer and navigate to the settings menu.
- Step 3:Turn off the firewall settings and save the changes.
- Step 4:Also, deactivate the computer’s firewall settings and check if the DNS server router problem is fixed.
Solution-3: Change the router’s DNS server
- Step 1:There are many public DNS servers, which are reliable and faster than regular ones.
- Step 2:Connect the computer to the router network and launch the web browser.
- Step 3:Open the Command Prompt on Windows and run the command ipconfig to find the router’s IP address.
- Step 4:Input the router’s IP address in the address bar and press Enter.
- Step 5:When the router’s configuration page opens, go to the DNS server settings.
- Step 6:For Google’s DNS server, choose the DNSv4 server version.
- Step 7:Input “126.96.36.199” for Preferred DNSv4 and “188.8.131.52” as the alternate DNS server.
- Step 8:In the case of Google‘s DNSv6, the IP addresses change. For Preferred DNSv6 and Alternate DNS server, enter “2001:4860:4860:8888” and “2001:4860:4860:8844” respectively.
- Step 9:Save the settings and check if the DNS server router problem is resolved.