How To Fix Dsl Router Problems?
If you are unable to connect to the Internet, it might be due to the following reasons.
The troubleshooting steps to resolve the DSL router problem are given on this page.
- Step 1:First, shut down on your computer and restart it.
- Step 2:This is the basic troubleshooting step to reconnect to the Internet.
- Step 1:Turn off your DSL router.
- Step 2:Leave it for a few minutes and then power up the router.
- Step 1:Check if the power and phone cords are properly connected to the DSL router.
- Step 2:If needed, disconnect the cords and connect them again.
- Step 1:Check if all the LEDs on the DSL router are lit.
- Step 2:If the connection of DSL router problems persists, launch a web browser on your Windows computer.
- Step 3:Go to the Start menu and then choose the Run option.
- Step 4:Enter ‘cmd’ without including the single quotes in the Run dialog box.
- Step 5:This will launch the Command Prompt window on the screen.
- Step 6:Type the ‘ipconfig /all’ command and press the Enter key.
- Step 7:If you see the network details such as IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway, it indicates that your internet connection is working correctly.
- Step 8:If you do not see any numbers in these fields, enter the ‘ipconfig /release’ command in the Command Prompt window.
- Step 9:Now, you should see the following in the Command Prompt window: IP Address: 0.0.0.0 Subnetmask: 0.0.0.0 Default Gateway: 0.0.0.0
- Step 10:Type the ‘ipconfig /renew’ command and press Enter. This will restore the Internet connection.
- Step 11:Establish the connection again and restart the computer.
- Step 1:Sometimes, your firewall settings might interfere with your Internet connection.
- Step 2:In the Control Panel window, select Security followed by Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- Step 3:Disable the firewall setting by selecting the Off option.
- Step 4:Turn off the DSL router and turn it back on.
- Step 5:Check if you could access the Internet. If the firewall is not the reason for the Internet connection issue, you can enable it.
- Step 7:If needed, contact our technical experts in resolving the DSL router problems.