How To Solve Dual Band Router Problems?
Dual-band router transmits two bands of frequency ---- 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz --- simultaneously. The dual-band feature has become a standard Wi-Fi feature starting from the 802.11n router model. These routers, such as the 802.11n and 802.11ac, provide high flexibility and better signal coverage. They were invented to avoid the interference problems of the router. Most of the modern routers are dual-band routers. But there are problems with the dual-band routers as well. Dual band router problems and the possible solutions are mentioned-below.
- Step 1:Sometimes, the dual-band router works great, but you may not have the network devices to benefit the fast 5 GHz network.
- Step 2:The old computers, mobile phones, or other network devices do not support the 5 GHz frequency network.
- Step 3:The old network adapters cannot process the 5 GHz network configuration.
- Step 4:Check if you own enough devices that can access the 5 GHz network frequency before purchasing. if not you may face dual band router problems.
- Step 1:The 5 GHz frequency has a shorter range because of the high frequency.
- Step 2:You can use the 5 GHz band efficiently to send and receive network traffic within a limited range.
- Step 3:On the other hand, 2.4 GHz has a lower frequency but can transmit to a longer range.
- Step 4:If you want to use both the frequencies, position the devices within the known range of both the frequencies.
- Step 5:Use the 5 GHz for the Upstream and Downstream data because it has a faster network.
- Step 6:By default, routers have only 2.4 GHz enabled. Switch to 5 GHz if there is more interference in your wireless network.
- Step 1:Another major problem is the high cost of the dual-band router.
- Step 2:Due to the inclusion of advanced features, these routers are a little costlier than standard routers.
- Step 3:Still, the price of the dual-band router can vary depending on different manufacturers. And the above settings are help you to solve the dual band router problems.