HOW DO I FIND PORT NUMBER ON MY ROUTER
To find the port number of your wireless router, follow the simple steps given below.
First, connect your wireless router and your computer to the same wireless network.
Finding the IP address of the wireless router
- Step 1:Once you are done with the connection establishment, go to the computer and click the Start button.
- Step 2:Search for the Command Prompt option and click it to open the Command window.
- Step 3:When the Command Prompt window displays on the screen, enter the ‘ipconfig’ command without including the single quotes.
- Step 4:You can see the wireless router’s network information.
- Step 5:Search for the Default Gateway field to check the IP address of the wireless router.
- Step 6:Also, you can see the IP address at the rear side of the wireless router’s sticker.
Accessing the web-based setup page of the wireless router to find the port number
- Step 1:The username and password of the wireless router can be found at the rear side of the wireless router’s label.
- Step 2:Use the gathered information such as IP address, username, and password to access the web-interface page of the wireless router.
- Step 3:Navigate to the Advanced settings tab on the configuration page, go to the Forwarding section, and select the Virtual Servers or Port Triggering option.
- Step 4:You can see the port number.
- Step 5:If you do not configure port forwarding, you cannot see any port number on the Port Triggering web page.