How Do I Fix Limited Internet Connection?
The Limited access Wi-Fi or Limited access Internet message is a common network problem for the Windows users. This error occurs due to outdated network drivers on your Windows computer. If you are one among them and want to know how to fix the limited internet connection error, proceed with the troubleshooting steps given below.
Solution 1: Reboot Your Modem And Wi-Fi Adapter
- Step 1:On your Windows computer, open the Quick Access menu by pressing the Windows + X shortcut keys.
- Step 2:From the context menu, select the Device Manager option.
- Step 3:Expand Network adapters, right-click on your networking device, and select the Disable option.
- Step 4:Finally, restart your Windows computer and enable the network adapter in the Device Manager window to check if the problem has been resolved.
- Step 5:If the problem persists, move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Reset Windows TCP/IP Stack
- Step 1:On your Windows computer, click the Start menu available at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Step 2:Type ‘cmd’ in the search panel and hit the Enter key.
- Step 3:From the search result, right-click the Command Prompt app and select the Run as administrator option.
- Step 4:In the Command Prompt window, type ‘netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled’ and press the Enter key.
- Step 5:Type ‘netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=diabled’ and press Enter.
- Step 6:Enter ‘netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled’ and hit the Enter key.
- Step 7:Type ‘netsh int tcp show global’ and press Enter to verify that the previous functions are disabled.
- Step 8:Close the Command Prompt app and check if the problem has been resolved.
Solution 3: Run Windows Network Troubleshooter
- Step 1:Click the Start menu and type ‘troubleshoot’ in the search panel.
- Step 2:From the search result, click the Troubleshoot tab.
- Step 3:In the Settings window, select the Network Adapter option and click the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Step 4:Follow the troubleshooter instructions and scan your computer for any network errors.
- Step 5:If the troubleshooter detects any issues with your network adapter, fix them with the help of the on-screen prompts. If you still have any query regarding limited internet connection issue, click the call button available on the screen.