How To Access Another Router On Network?
Adding another router to your home network helps to extend and increase your network capacity. To do this, perform the step-by-step instructions provided on this web page to know how to access another router on network.
Connect an Ethernet cable between the rear port of your modem and the WAN port of your primary router.
- Step 1:Take another Ethernet cable and then connect it between the LAN port of the primary router and your computer.
- Step 2:You can even establish a connection between them wirelessly using the network name (SSID) and network key (password).
Power up both the primary router and the modem.
- Step 1:Open Google Chrome or any other web browser and access the web interface page of the primary router using its IP address, admin username, and password.
- Step 2:Navigate to Network Settings or LAN Settings and enable the DHCP server.
- Step 3:Disconnect the wired or wireless connection between the primary router and the computer.
- Step 1:Connect the second router’s power cord to a nearby electrical outlet.
- Step 2:Turn on the second router by pressing the Power button.
- Step 3:Establish a connection between the second router and the computer using an Ethernet cable.
- Step 1:Enter the second router’s IP address in the web browser’s address field.
- Step 2:When you see a prompt for login details, enter the username and password and click Log in.
- Step 3:Once the web interface page opens, locate the DHCP settings and disable the DHCP server.
- Step 4:Assign a new IP address (second router) in place of the existing one.
- Step 5:Note: The first three sets of numbers in the IP address of the second router must be the same as the first router.
- Step 6:Set the wireless network name and the network key for the second router.
- Step 7:These network settings have to be different from the first router.
- Step 1:Remove the power cable from the second router.
- Step 2:Connect the LAN port of the primary router and the LAN port of the second router using an Ethernet cable.
- Step 3:Power up the second router.
- Step 4:As long as the primary router has internet access, the second router will be online.
- Step 5:Restart the computer that is connected to the second router. Finally know how to access another router on network.