HOW TO ACCESS DDWRT ROUTER FROM OUTSIDE NETWORK?
DD-WRT is a free Linux-based router firmware available online. Generally, the router has its own firmware, which you can flash to the DD-WRT. When you access the router settings within the network, you will enter the router’s IP address. But if you want to configure the router settings from outside the network, how would you access it? You can do it using the DDNS feature of the router. Learn how to access DDRWT router from outside network in the following steps.
Step-1: Login to the router page
- Step 1:Before you can access the router configuration from outside the network, make the necessary settings.
- Step 2:Launch a web browser on your computer connected to the DD-WRT router.
- Step 3:Type the router’s IP address in the address bar and press Enter.
- Step 4:Input the username and password to log in to the router’s setup page.
Step-2: Enable Remote access
- Step 1:On the main interface of the router, select the Administration tab.
- Step 2:Next, click the Management tab and turn on Remote Access.
- Step 3:Set the username and password, then change the port number through which you want to access the router or know how to access DDRWT router from outside network.
Step-3: Open DDNS settings
- Step 1:In the main interface of the router, go to the Setup panel.
- Step 2:Next, click the DDNS tab and choose Custom as the DDNS Service.
- Step 3:Enter “dynamicdns.park-yourdomainname.com” in the DYNDNS Server field.
- Step 4:For Username, enter “yourdomain.com” and type the DNS password.
- Step 5:Following that, input the hostname and the URL. If you have many hostnames, separate them using ‘-a.’
- Step 6:After changing the settings, click Save and then click Apply Settings.
- Step 7:Make sure you know the DYNDNS server address and the port number you are using to access the router remotely.