How To Access Router Configuration Page Without Password?
Having a password for your router is the most important thing as it secures your router. All the routers come with a default username and password and these are available on the label at the back of the router. In order to set up a wireless network on your router, you must access the router’s configuration page, and for that, you need the username and password to log in. We will now be seeing the steps to know how to access router configuration page without password.
- Step 1:Open the default browser on your computer and enter the router’s IP address in the address bar.
- Step 2:If you are not able to find the IP address, you can find it out from one simple method.
- Step 3:Click the Windows icon and open the Command Prompt.
- Step 4:Enter the command ipconfig and press the Enter button.
- Step 5:Scroll down and locate the IP address of the router beside the option Default Gateway.
- Step 6:Once you enter the IP address of the router in the address bar, you will see the router’s login page in the browser.
- Step 7:Now, let’s see the steps to log in to the router’s configuration page.
Method 1: User Manual
- Step 1:You can refer to the router’s user manual for the login credentials.
- Step 2:If you do not have the manual, you can download the manual from the manufacturer’s official page and find out the credentials for the router.
Method 2: Router Sticker
- Step 1:If you do not remember the personal password, you can always rely on the default login credentials or know how to access router configuration page without password by following the below steps.
- Step 2:The default credentials are at the back or bottom of the router on a sticker.
- Step 3:If you find the credentials, you can easily access the router configuration page.
Method 3: Online Portal
- Step 1:There are now numerous websites that will help you in finding the password for your router.
- Step 2:You can also get the default credentials of your router from the support page of your router manufacturer.
Method 4: Reset Your Router
- Step 1:Resetting your router is the best solution in order to bring back the router to default settings.
- Step 2:If the router has a Reset button, all you have to do is simply press and hold the reset button.
- Step 3:If the router has a pin-hole, take a paperclip and insert it into the point until you press the button.
- Step 4:Hold the button for at least 10 seconds.
- Step 5:The router will be reset.
- Step 6:Now, you can use the default login credentials to access the route’s configuration page.
- Step 7:And finally, you know how to access router configuration page without password.