How To Add Wifi Extender To Network?
It is quite easy to add a Wi-Fi extender to a network router if it supports WPS. These days mostly all the modern routers support this feature. The Wi-Fi extender is used to increase the router’s signal to reach those remote areas of your house. So, carry out the below instructions to know how to add wifi extender to network.
Connect the router to your Wi-Fi extender using the WPS button:
- Step 1:Connect the extender to the power socket.
- Step 2:See if the extender ON/OFF button available on the top is Powered-ON.
- Step 3:Need to wait for the extender to boot up.
- Step 4:Locate the WPS button on the extender and press it.
- Step 5:Press the router’s WPS button within 2 minutes.
- Step 6:After some time, the WPS light stops flashing. One of the range lights will stay solid.
That’s all the Wi-Fi extender has been connected successfully to the router. If this process fails, then try another method given below to know how to add wifi extender to network.
Another method to add the Wi-Fi extender to the network:
This method does not require the WPS button. Set up the extender using the web-based setup with an internet browser. Before starting this process, ensure that the PC is not connected to the internet. Disconnect the Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi network if present.
- Step 1:Connect the extender to a power socket that is present near the wireless router.
- Step 2:Switch-On the extender ON/OFF button on the top.
- Step 3:The extender will boot up. Now, the Power light will remain steady green.
- Step 4:Next, connect the PC to the extender over Wi-Fi or using an Ethernet cable.
- Step 5:Open a web browser on your PC and type http://192.168.1.1 in the address field. Input the extender’s Admin password when prompted. Tap on Start. Follow the on-screen connection wizard.
- Step 6:Tap on Finish and the web browser will lose connection to the extender. Even if any browser error occurs at this point, ignore them.
- Step 7:Now, the range indicator light of the extender will stop flashing on successful connection. The Wi-Fi extender is added successfully to the router.
- Step 8:Now, you can continue to find the extender’s optimum location and connect your devices to it.
How to connect the devices to the Wi-Fi extender:
- Step 1:The extender’s network name is very similar to your router/hub with EXT2-included to its SSID.
- Step 1:If the router/hub wireless network name is: BTHub5-1234, then the extender’s network name would be given as, EXT2-BTHub5-1234.
If there is an issue while knowing how to add wifi extender to network, then contact our technical team by clicking the Call button.