How To Change Router From 5ghz To 2.4 Ghz
A router usually works on the 5 GHz frequency band or the 2.4 GHz band. Most of the latest models of routers function on both the bands. A dual-band router is a device that can broadcast on both the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz bands. But the usernames and passwords will differ from one band to another. By looking at your router’s model number on the manufacturer’s website, you can conclude if it is dual-band or not. Dual-band routers have twice the bandwidth of single-band routers. You can go to the configuration page of your router and modify the settings there. To change the frequency band of your router from 5 GHz to 2.4 GHz, follow the how to change router from 5ghz to 2.4 ghz steps given below:
- Step 1:First, obtain your router’s IP address. The universal IP addresses are 192.168.0.1 and 126.96.36.199. Your router might be using one of these two IP addresses. But this may vary as well.
- Step 2:Next, open your web browser. Then, type in the IP address of your router in the Address (URL) bar.
- Step 3:Log in using your Username and Password.
- Step 4:In most of the cases, the Username will be admin, and the Password will be either admin or blank (you just have to leave the Password field empty). You can also confirm the default login details by looking at the sticker on the router and proceed with how to change router from 5ghz to 2.4 ghz procedure.
- Step 5:Once you log in, click the Advanced Settings tab.
- Step 6:Navigate to Network Settings.
- Step 7:If you find that the 5 GHz band has been enabled, disable it now.
- Step 8:Enable the 2.4 GHz band.
- Step 9:Click the Save button to save all your settings.
- Step 10:Finally, reboot your router after changing the frequency band.
By using the above given how to change router from 5ghz to 2.4 ghz guide, You have now successfully changed your router’s frequency band from 5 GHz to 2.4 GHz.