How To Change Verizon Router To 5ghz
- Step 1:A router usually works on the 5 GHz frequency band or the 2.4 GHz band. Most of the latest models of routers function on both the bands. The frequency band is also called the Wi-Fi channel.
- Step 2:A dual-band router is a device that can broadcast on both the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz bands. But the usernames and passwords will differ from one band to another. By looking at your router’s model number on the manufacturer’s website, you can conclude whether it is dual-band or not. Dual-band routers have twice the bandwidth of single-band routers.
- Step 3:If you are in a cramped network area, you will want to change your router’s Wi-Fi channel from the default value to a better one. This way, you can get a stronger signal.
- Step 4:The Verizon FiOS router is a dual-band router. So, it can broadcast on both the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz bands. But the 5 GHz band has got some advantages. For instance, the 5 GHz band is faster than the 2.4 GHz band.
To change the frequency band (or Wi-Fi channel) of your Verizon FiOS router to 5 GHz, follow the steps given below:
- Step 1:Open the default browser. To log into your Verizon FiOS router, first, navigate to 192.168.1.1
- Step 2:The Username is admin. For finding the Password, take a look at your router’s sticker.
- Step 3:After logging into your Verizon FiOS router, select the Wireless Settings option on the top menu.
- Step 4:On the left pane of the screen that displays, choose the Basic Security Settings option.
- Step 5:Now, you can change the Verizon FiOS router’s Wi-Fi channel.
- Step 6:In the box provided for the Channel field, use the up and down arrows to change your router’s channel.
- Step 7:Set the channel for your Verizon FiOS router to 5.
You have now successfully changed the Wi-Fi channel of your Verizon FiOS router to 5 GHz.