How To Change Wan Ip Address On Router?
Refer to the step-by-step guidelines given on this web page to learn how To Change Wan Ip Address On Router. Every router has two IP addresses, namely the internet address and local router address. The WAN IP address enables the router to connect to the internet. Usually, when you configure the router settings, you use the local router IP address to access the router configuration page from a web browser. On the other hand, the WAN IP address is common among the server connection as it helps to connect to the internet. Some Internet Service Providers change the WAN IP address at regular intervals to maintain internet security. The WAN IP address changes with different geographical locations. You can see it when you take your laptop connected to the internet to different places. A large number of computers use the same WAN IP address depending on the geographical location. This is the reason we find the internet too slow because of congestion.
To know more about how to change the WAN IP address on a router, read the following section.
- Step 1:Turn on the router and connect the computer to its network, either using a wired or wireless connection method.
- Step 2:Open a web browser on the computer and enter the local or LAN IP address of the router to visit its login page.
- Step 3:Now, enter the router’s default username and password to access the router’s configuration page.
- Step 4:In case you had changed the username and password earlier, then use the correct credentials to log in.
- Step 5:When the router’s configuration page opens up, go to the Settings menu and select the WAN Settings or Interface option.
- Step 6:Under the WAN Settings, navigate to the ‘Allow DHCP to assign an IP address automatically’ menu and disable the menu.
- Step 7:After that, enter a new IP address manually and save the changes.
- Now We have discussed how To Change Wan Ip Address On Router