The Internet is the place that we rely on nowadays for any of our queries. And, the latest web browsers are the ones that help us to access the Internet. These web browsers save all our search history along with cookies and browser caches. But for some reason, you might have deleted the history on the browser.
So if you have erased the browsing history on your browser, you can still have a copy of the websites you have browsed right from the beginning with the help of your router. So we will now be seeing the steps on how to check the search history on your router. In this article, steps to know how to check search history on router are given below.
- Step 1:Initially, make sure your router is turned on and connected to your computer.
- Step 2:Open the default browser on your computer.
- Step 3:Type the URL routerlogin.com in the address bar, then press the Enter button.
- Step 5:Enter the default login credentials such as username and password.
- Step 6:The default login credentials are,
- Step 7:Username: admin and
- Step 8:Password: password
- Step 9:The Netgear router page will now open.
- Step 10:Click the Advanced tab on the router page.
- Step 11:Click Administration and click the Logs option.
- Step 12:The Logs option will show you the following information: Date and Time, Source IP, Target Address, and Action options.
- Step 13:The Target Address option will show you the name and the IP addresses of the websites you have visited.
- Step 14:In the Log page, you will see three buttons Refresh, Clear Log, and Sent Log buttons.
- Step 15:You have the option to refresh or clear the log if you wish, by clicking the buttons. And finally you know how to check search history on router.