How To Configure Router Switch And PC In Packet Tracer?
Network devices like router, switch, and computers use an IP address to communicate with each other. Configuring the IP address individually for these devices is an important task to continue using them on your network. The interface configuration is most important in the router configuration. It is because a router cannot communicate with other network devices without any interfaces. You can configure the IP address on a router’s interface in two ways. Here are the steps to know how to configure router switch and PC in packet tracer.
- 1. Configuring IP address to Fast Ethernet interface
- 2. Configuring IP address to Serial interface
To configure the IP address for a router, switch, and PC to the fast Ethernet interface, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Step 1:Make sure that you have downloaded the Packet Tracer program and installed it on your computer.
- Step 2:Next, launch the Cisco Packet Tracer program.
- Step 3:Drag and drop any series interface of the router from the bottom of the sandbox into the working area.
- Step 4:Select Ethernet cable from the bottom of the sandbox to connect the router, switch, and PC.
- Step 5:Click on Router R0 and open the Command Line Interface (CLI).
- Step 6:In the global configuration mode, type ‘slot/port’ and configure the IP address and subnet mask.
- Step 7:Type ‘no shutdown’ and configure the IP address with proper interfaces.
Carry out these steps to configure the IP address to serial interface:
- Step 1:First, launch the Cisco Packet Tracer program on your computer.
- Step 2:Drag and drop any series of the router from the bottom of the sandbox into the working area.
- Step 3:Click the Router tab and select Physical.
- Step 4:Select WIC-IT and turn off the router.
- Step 5:Add serial port and turn on the router.
- Step 6:Now, open the Command Line Interface (CLI) and access the global configuration mode.
- Step 7:Type ‘interface serial 0 0/0’ or ‘interface s0/0/0’ in the terminal window.
- Step 8:To configure the IP address to PC, drag and drop PC from the bottom of the interface to the working area.
- Step 9:Click on PC and move on to the Config tab.
- Step 10:Enter ’10.0.0.1’ in the Gateway field and click the FastEthernet0 tab from the left-side panel.
- Step 11:Configure the IP address and Subnet Mask for the PC.
- Step 12:Finally know how to configure router switch and PC in packet tracer. after this process, close the PC window.