How To Connect Laptop To Pc Using Wireless Router
You already know you can connect an external hard drive, a printer, a scanner, and even a wired or a wireless router to the computer. Little did you know, you can also connect a laptop to a PC with the help of a wireless router. Follow the how to connect laptop to PC using wireless router directions given below to connect a laptop to PC with the help of a wireless router. The initial stage is the hardware setup.
- Step 1:Connect the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port in the PC and one of the ports in the router.
- Step 2:Connect another Ethernet cable between the router and the laptop.
- Step 3:Turn on the PC and the laptop.
- Step 4:You will now have to wait for a couple of minutes for the PC and the laptop to detect the internet connection.
Now you will have to enable the file-sharing option in the PC. The how to connect laptop to PC using wireless router steps given here are for Windows devices.
- Step 1:Click the Start button or the Windows icon on the bottom of the desktop and select the Control Panel option.
- Step 2:Select the Network and Sharing option and click Change Advanced Sharing Settings option.
- Step 3:Under the Public section, select Turn on Network Discovery and click the checkbox for the option Turn on File and Printer sharing option.
- Step 4:On the same page, click the option Turn on Password Protected Sharing and click the Save Changes button.
- Step 5:Open the Windows Explorer (Windows key + E).
- Step 6:Navigate through the Windows Explorer and right-click on the folder you wish to share and select Share With > Homegroup options from the list.
- Step 7:Now repeat the same set of steps on your Laptop as well.
- Step 8:Once you have finished the setup (similar to the steps performed for PC), open the Windows Explorer.
- Step 9:Click the Network button located at the bottom left corner of the Windows Explorer and select the Remote computer (PC) to which you are trying to connect.
- Step 10:Enter the username and the password of the remote computer on the laptop.
By following how to connect laptop to PC using wireless router guide, You have now connected a laptop to a PC using a wireless router.