How To Connect Repeater As Wireless Router?
A repeater is used to boost the Wi-Fi signal strength of a router. In the section below, we have explained how to connect repeater as wireless router using a smartphone.
- Step 1:First, make sure that your wireless repeater is ready for the setup.
- Step 2:Turn your wireless repeater ON.
- Step 3:Make sure that the Wi-Fi light on the repeater’s control panel is blinking.
- Step 4:Now, enable the Wi-Fi option on your mobile phone.
- Step 5:Select your wireless repeater’s name.
- Step 6:Once the smartphone has been connected to your network, open a web browser on it.
- Step 7:Enter your repeater’s IP address in the address field.
- Step 8:When prompted, enter your repeater’s credentials in the given fields.
Default Credentials To Sign In
Note: If you’re logging into your wireless repeater’s web access page for the first time to connect repeater as wireless router, then enter its default credentials to sign in.
- Step 1:Tap Submit. Now, select the Repeater mode from the main menu.
- Step 2:The available networks will be listed on the screen.
- Step 3:Select your wireless router’s SSID from the list.
- Step 4:Enter your wireless network password in the given fields and tap the Apply button.
- Step 5:Once the repeater is connected to the router, the dialog box displaying connection successful message will appear on the screen.
- Step 6:Tap the Close button on the dialog box.
- Step 7:Now, your repeater is ready to be used.
- Step 8:Place the repeater where the signal strength is poor and enjoy a high-speed network.
Moreover, if you have a wireless router with the built-in repeater mode, then you can use it as well as your repeater. All you have to do is to log in to the router’s setup page, enable the repeater mode and connect it to your primary router.
Click the Call button to get assistance from our technical experts to connect repeater as wireless router.