How To Connect Two Xboxes To One Router?
In case you have two Xboxes, but only one router, you might face some issues while playing games. Carry out the below-mentioned steps on how to connect two Xboxes to one router.
For instance, you might come across the following problems:
- Step 3:Nonexistent voice chat
- Step 4:Difficulty in joining parties
- Step 5:Other issues while playing online games
NAT or Network Address Translation is a technology that permits more than one computer to be on the Internet. The computers can use the same IP address. Based on the type of NAT you use, the convenience of one console talking to another across the Internet will be determined.
This leads us into the discussion of the three different types of NAT:
- Step 1:Open NAT: “Open” is considered to be the best connection. In case your NAT type is Open, you can get connected to any other NAT type. This scenario results in a better gaming experience.
- Step 2:Moderate NAT: In case you have “Moderate” NAT, you can connect to only those consoles that are using Moderate or Open NAT types. You will face many issues if you have Moderate NAT and your friend has Strict NAT (described below).
- Step 3:Strict NAT: If you are using Strict NAT, you can connect only to Open NAT consoles. Strict NAT is so restrictive that it might drive you to frustration.
If you want to have the best online gaming experience, please use Open NAT. And, to do that, you will have to use port forwarding.
- Step 1:If you want to attain Open NAT on one Xbox console, you just have to forward port 3074 (UDP and TCP). However, if you need to attain Open NAT when you have a second Xbox console on your router, you should use a second port.
- Step 2:But Xbox has permitted the use of port 3074 (UDP and TCP) only. If you have a second Xbox console, you cannot forward that same port to this (second) console.
- Step 3:A port can permit only one set of data to pass through it at a time. Therefore, this will work great for the first Xbox console. But the second Xbox console will lag behind and will have a problem while playing an online game.
- Step 4:To resolve the issue, Activision has let you use port 3075 (UDP and TCP) for your second Xbox console.
- Step 5:In case you have a third Xbox console, you can simply go ahead and use port 3076 (UDP and TCP) for that!
We have now seen how to connect two Xboxes to one router.