HOW TO CONNECT WIFI EXTENDER TO ROUTER WITHOUT WPS
You can use the web-based setup method to connect your Wi-Fi Extender to a router if your router doesn’t have a WPS button. To know how, follow the simple how to connect wifi extender to router without WPS steps given below and proceed with the same.
- Step 1:First, check if your system is connected to a stable internet connection.
- Step 2:If yes, disconnect your computer from the internet, and then continue with further instructions discussed below.
- Step 3:Place your Wi-Fi extender and the router nearby.
- Step 4:Now, power on your Wi-Fi extender.
- Step 5:It takes a maximum of 20 minutes for the Wi-Fi extender to boot up.
- Step 6:Once the Wi-Fi extender boots up successfully, the Power light will become steady green, and the Too close & Too far lights will start flashing in red.
- Step 7:Now, connect your computer to the Wi-Fi extender using the Wireless or Wired method
To connect Wirelessly...
- Step 1:Click the Wi-Fi icon available on your system’s taskbar and move on with how to connect wifi extender to router without WPS procedure.
- Step 2:A list of available wireless networks will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 3:Select your Wi-Fi extender network.
- Step 4:To complete the connection set-up, you will be prompted to enter your Wi-Fi extender’s password.
- Step 5:You can find the password of your Wi-Fi extender on the back of its guide.
- Step 6:Once your computer and the Wi-Fi extender are connected to the same network, start performing web-based set-up.
To connect via Wired (Ethernet cable)
- Step 1:Connecting the Wi-Fi extender and your computer using an Ethernet cable is quite easy to perform.
- Step 2:Get the Ethernet cable from a trusted retail store and follow how to connect wifi extender to router without WPS steps.
- Step 3:Insert one end of the Ethernet cable into your computer and the other end of it to the Wi-Fi extender.
- Step 4:Now your computer and the Wi-Fi extender are connected together.
To configure the extender for working with your router, proceed with the following steps:
- Step 1:On your computer, open a web browser.
- Step 2:Click the search field of the web browser and type the IP address of your Wi-Fi extender.
- Step 3:Now, a login dialog box will appear on the screen, prompting you to enter your Wi-Fi extender’s admin password.
- Step 4:Enter the admin password in the given field and click the Login button.
- Step 5:Now a wizard will open, click the Start button in it.
- Step 6:Follow the instructions displayed on the connection set-up screen.
- Step 7:Finally, click the Finish button.
- Step 8:If the Wi-Fi extender configuration is done successfully, the web browser will face a network issue, and the browser will lose connection with the extender.
- Step 9:hile proceeding with how to connect wifi extender to router without WPS steps, The indicator light on your Wi-Fi Extender should stop flashing. You can get assistance from our technical experts for performing the extender setup.