How To Connect a WiFi router to the desktop PC?
What is a Wi-Fi router? It is a device that helps in transmitting wireless signals to wireless devices such as the laptop or smartphone. And here, you can also connect a Wi-Fi router to the desktop PCs. How? The method is quite simple. It has the same steps as connecting the Wi-Fi to a laptop. Some desktop PCs have the wireless option, and it is a blessing for users with a Wi-Fi interface on the PC. You do not have to deal with Ethernet cables at all.
Let me guide you through the configuration:
STEP : 2
To check for the wireless adapter in your PC,press Windows + R buttons at the same time and open the Run command.
STEP : 3
Type mscin the search bar and press the Enter button.
STEP : 4
When the device manager window opens, navigate to the network adapter drop-down list and click the downward pointing arrow.
Check for the network adapters with either of the following names:
- STEP : 1 Wi-Fi
- STEP : 2 Wireless
- STEP : 3 WLAN
- STEP : 4 11
If you find a network adapter with either of the above names, it indicates that the PC has a wireless adapter.
Now, it is time to connect the PC to the wireless network. The steps are quite simple.
- STEP : 1 On the bottom right corner of the desktop, you cansee the Wi-Fi icon in the taskbar.
- STEP : 2 Click the Wi-Fi icon and this will open the Wireless settings.
- STEP : 3 The list will show the number of wireless devices that are close to your Windows computer.
- STEP : 4 Select your wireless network, click the checkbox Connect automatically,and click the Connect
- STEP : 5 The Windows will now ask for the Network security key.
- STEP : 6 Enter the Network security key (password) and click
- STEP : 7 Once the connection is made, you will see the Wi-Fi icon in the taskbar.
The Wi-Fi router is now connected to the Desktop PC.
Click the Call button available on this page to get remote assistance to Connect a WiFi router to the desktop PC.