How To Create A Password For Linksys Router?
It is important to change the router’s password to prevent intruders from using your internet service and hackers from accessing the system files through the network so for create a password for Linksys router. You can change the Linksys router administrator password and the Wi-Fi network password by following the below procedure.
- Step 1:Turn on the router and then connect your computer to the router network via a wired or wireless method.
- Step 2:Open the web browser on the computer and enter the IP address of the Linksys router.
- Step 3:Now, the router’s login page appears in the browser window.
- Step 4:Fill in the router’s login credentials to access the configuration page of the router after create a password for Linksys router.
To change the wireless network password:
- Step 1:When the router’s configuration page shows up, click the Wireless tab and select Wireless Security, which is located just below.
- Step 2:Go to the Passphrase menu and type your new network password for the router.
- Step 3:Select the Save Settings button to save the router settings you made.
- Step 4:Now, you can connect Wi-Fi devices to the router network by entering the new network password.
To change the router’s administrator password:
- Step 1:By changing the administrator password, you are changing the login password of the router.
- Step 2:Go to the Linksys router’s setup page using the above same steps and navigate to the Router Settings menu.
- Step 3:Then, open the Administration panel. Following it, select the Management menu.
- Step 4:Now, change the entry in the Password category and save the router settings.
- Step 5:Next, restart the router and connect the computer to its network.
- Step 6:Visit the router’s login page and enter your new password to open the Linksys router’s configuration page after create a password for Linksys router.