HOW TO DISABLE DNS LOOKUP IN THE ROUTER
The DNS Lookup is by default enabled in some routers. If it is not turned off, this automatically searches for the IP address of the URL that is incorrect. Therefore, taking much time to find the domain name on the DNS server and to fix the issue. The below steps directs to know how to disable DNS lookup in the router;
- Step 1:The terminal port, which is connected to the computer serial port has to be connected to the console port on the router.
- Step 2:Open the terminal application on the computer.
- Step 3:Input the command “Enable,” and then press the Enter key.
- Step 4:When the ‘router’ command pops up, type “configure terminal” and press Enter.
- Step 5:Next, enter the command: router(config)#no ip domain-lookup.
- Step 6:After typing the command, press Enter to disable the DNS Lookup function.
- Step 7:By completing how to disable DNS lookup in the router procedure, Type “Exit” after that press Enter to close the configuration.