How To Erase Router Config In Packet Tracer
Cisco developed Packet Tracer, a design simulation interface to configure Cisco routers. Using the command-line interface, one can simulate the router networking and switches. For security purposes, you need to wipe off the router data to avoid intruders in the network. Refer to the below how to erase router config in packet tracer procedures to erase the router configuration on the Packet Tracer.
STEP : 1 After connecting the console cable between the router’s console port and the computer, launch the Packet Tracer program on the computer.
STEP : 2 Log in to the router on the system and type “enable password” and press the Enter key to access the EXEC mode.
STEP : 3 Enter the command “erase nvram” and run it to delete the configuration file.
STEP : 4 If the program asks for confirmation, press Enter to confirm and proceed with how to erase router config in packet tracer steps.
STEP : 5 After that, type and run the command line “reload” to proceed to initial configuration; now, the system requests for confirmationagain, input “yes” to confirm.
STEP : 6 Now, the router starts erasing the files and reloading the router configuration.
STEP : 7 Close the window and turn off the router.
- STEP : 1 After logging in to the router console, enable the password by running the command “enable password.”
- STEP : 2 Next, type the command line “configure terminal “ and press Enter.
- STEP : 3 The router works in the Global Configuration mode, which allows configuring the router.
- STEP : 4 Input the command “config-register 0x2142” and press Enter. The router will stop using the startup configuration.
- STEP : 5 Type the command “end,” press Enter. Then, input “reload” and again press Enter to start the reload.
- STEP : 6 When the system asks to save the configuration, input “no” and continue reloading.
- STEP : 7 Now, enter the commands, “enable” and “configure terminal”one after the other. Run them separately.
- STEP : 8 To return the router to the configuration mode, input “config-register 0x2102”, and enter “end.”
- STEP : 9 On completion of how to erase router config in packet tracer steps, Run the command “write memory, “ which overwrites the current configuration, and then enter “reload” to erase the files.