How To Filter URL In Router
At times, you will have to block or filter certain websites if they are inappropriate. Some websites might be targets of malicious software. In the workplace, you will have to prohibit workers from accessing certain websites that are not authorized. So, you need to configure your routers such that they will filter or block specific URLs and domains using how to filter URL in router instructions. There are various filtering techniques available for doing the same. The URL Filtering method differs from one router to another.
Let us see how to filter URLs in some types of routers:
STEP : 1 On your computer, open the default web browser. Navigate to the web address 168.1.1.
STEP : 2 Log into your Netgear router. You can make use of “password” or “1234” as your password and press the Enter
STEP : 3 Go to Content Filtering. Under Content Filtering, choose the Block Sites Click the Domain Blocking option and then select Always.
STEP : 4 In the blank field provided, type in the domain that you wish to block. For instance, if you want to block Facebook, type in “Facebook.com” in the blank field.
STEP : 5 To block the website, click the Add Domain
STEP : 6 Now, you can repeat the above instructions for every domain that you wish to block. After you have blocked all the unwanted domains, click the Apply button for setting up the filter on your network.
You have now set up a filter in your Netgear router that will start blocking specific URLs from now on.
- STEP : 1 On your computer by using how to filter URL in router steps, open the default web browser. Navigate to the web address 168.1.1.
- STEP : 2 Once you have typed in the username and password in the respective login fields, click the OK button to sign in to your Linksys router.
- STEP : 3 Select the Access Restrictions Select a number from the drop-down menu provided for the Access Blocking Policy option.
- STEP : 4 Now, you need to create a name for the policy. Then, choose the Enabled
- STEP : 5 Click the Edit List
- STEP : 6 Next, in the MAC Address fields, start entering the physical addresses of the computers or other devices that you wish to restrict.
- STEP : 7 Click the Deny
- STEP : 8 Make sure that the options Every Day and 24 Hours are chosen.
- STEP : 9 In the URL fields that are provided, enter the websites that you wish to block.
- STEP : 10 Finally, click the Save Settings This action will save all the changes that you have made now.From now on, all the unwanted websites will be blocked.
- STEP : 1 Go to the 168.10.1page from your browser and proceed how to filter URL in router steps.
- STEP : 2 To log into your TRENDnet router, type in admin as your username and password. Then, press the Enter
- STEP : 3 Choose the Advanced Next, select Web Filter.
- STEP : 4 Click the Enable option and in the Website field, enter the web address that you wish to block.
- STEP : 5 Finally, click the Save button to block the unwanted website.
- STEP : 6 If you wish to block more websites, you can repeat the above steps.
- STEP : 1 Certain Belkin devices block a predefined set of websites.
- STEP : 2 The address for the router’s setup page is 168.2.1.
- STEP : 3 NOTE: Belkin routers do not need a username or password to log in.
- STEP : 4 Select the Website Filters
- STEP : 5 From the list that appears, choose the websites that you wish to block.
- STEP : 6 Now, click the Apply Changes
We have now seen how to filter URLs in Netgear, Linksys, TRENDnet, and Belkin routers. Remember that some of the routers will not support website filtering. Based on the make and model of the router, the how to filter URL in router configuration process will differ.