How To Find Router WPA Pre Shared Key?
In general, a WPA Pre-Shared Key is a passphrase that protects your network traffic in WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access). It allows you to manually enter the keys or passwords to initiate WPA security, keeping your wireless network secure from unauthorized users. Using the WPA Pre-Shared Key, you can connect your wireless devices to Wi-Fi. To find your router’s WPA Pre-Shared Key, keep reading the how to find router WPA pre shared key instructions given below.
- Step 1:First, connect your computer to your router using a standard Ethernet cable. The Ethernet cable must be connected to any one of the LAN ports of your router.
- Step 2:Make sure your router is plugged into a power source and turned on before continuing to the next step.
- Step 3:On your computer, launch the default browser after ensuring that you have a standard Internet connection.
- Step 4:In the browser window, enter the router IP address in the address bar and press the Enter key to access the router’s login portal.
- Step 5:You can identify your router’s IP address from the router label.
- Step 6:Alternatively, you can find it using the ‘ipconfig’ command in the Command Prompt app.
- Step 7:On the router login portal, enter your router username & password in the required fields and click Submit to access the router setup page.
- Step 9:If you do not have any login credentials, enter the default username and password of your router. These details are available in the documentation supplied along with your router.
- Step 10:Go to the Wireless Settings page and click the Security tab to identify your router Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key (WPA PSK).
- Step 11:If you have reset your router to factory defaults, you must create a new WPA Pre-Shared Key.
For more queries regarding how to find router WPA pre shared key guidelines, click the call button available to contact our technical experts to get instant solutions.