HOW TO FIND SSID ON ROUTER
Follow these how to find SSID on router guidelines to find the router's SSID. The router's SSID is the service set identifier. It is also called as the network name in simple terms.
- Step 1:To find your router's SSID, open the command prompt on your computer. (Enter 'cmd' in the Start menu's text field and press Enter.)
- Step 2:Type' ipconfig /all' to view the default gateway and copy the IP address. Paste it in the address bar on your computer. Press Enter.
- Step 3:Enter your router's username & password and click Login and proceed with how to find SSID on router procedure. Navigate to the Setup tab to find the SSID and make a note of it.
- Step 4:You can also find the router's SSID on its label and in the user manual.
HOW TO CHANGE THE SSID ON MY ROUTER
Here are the guidelines to change the router's SSID.Your router's IP address is mentioned in the user manual. You can find the IP address on the label stuck to the router as well.
- Step 1:Make a note of this address. If you do not have the user manual and cannot find the label, you can find the IP address from the command prompt by following these steps.
- Step 2:Launch the Start menu by left-clicking the Windows icon at the bottom. Enter cmd and click the command prompt search result.
- Step 3:When the command prompt window opens, type 'ipconfig /all' and press Enter to change the SSID on my router.
- Step 4:Make a note of the default gateway address. You can also copy it from this window by clicking on the first character and dragging the cursor over the address until you reach the last character. Right-click the selected text and choose the Copy option.
- Step 5:Paste it in the 'address bar' of your web browser and press Enter. Key in your router's username and password. (By default, it is 'admin' for the username and 'password' for the password.) to change the SSID on my router
- Step 6:Click Login. Go to the Wireless tab. Make changes to the Wi-Fi SSID and click Save Settings. Make sure that you enable WPA2 security for the router from the Wireless Security tab. Set a passphrase and click Save Settings.
- Step 7:You can now connect your computer to the new Wi-Fi SSID with the new passphrase. To find SSID use how to find SSID on router guidelines given above