HOW TO FIX ORANGE LIGHT ON ROUTER
The reason behind the orange LED lights lit for more than 3 minutes on your router is faulty firmware, hardware, or software.
Proceed with the how to fix orange light on router troubleshooting solutions below to resolve the orange LED blinks error on the router.
SOLUTION 1 - LAN CABLE RECONNECTION
- Step 1:First, remove the LAN cable connected between the router and the modem
- Step 2:Reestablish a connection between the router and the modem using the LAN cable.
- Step 3:If the problem is with the connection issue, the orange light error on the router will be resolved when you unplug and replug the LAN cable and proceed with other how to fix orange light on router solutions.
SOLUTION 2 - USING DIFFERENT POWER OUTLET
- Step 1:Do not use a surge protector to connect the router to the power source.
- Step 2:Try to use a different power outlet on the router setup and then check for the orange light error.
SOLUTION 3 - PREVENTING OVERHEATING ISSUE
- Step 1:If the router is in turned On, press and hold the Power button on the front panel of the router to turn it off.
- Step 2:After 30 seconds, turn your router on again.
- Step 3:This will cool down the router setup if it has some temporary issues like overheating, froze software issue, etc.
SOLUTION 4 - ROUTER’S FIRMWARE UPDATE
- Step 1:Check if your router’s firmware update is available and proceed with how to fix orange light on router guide.
- Step 2:You are strongly recommended to update the router’s firmware to the most recent version.
- Step 3:Visit the manufacturer site and then install the latest version of the router’s firmware to prevent the software issue.
SOLUTION 5 - RESETTING THE ROUTER
- Step 1:For most of the routers, the router reset button is located at the router’s back panel.
- Step 2:Flip the router and then find the Reset button on your router panel.
- Step 3:To reset your router to the default factory settings, press and hold the Reset button for approximately 10 seconds.
- Step 4:The holding time may vary depending on your router.
- Step 5:Wait patiently until the router setup reboots. This may take nearly 3 to 5 minutes.
- Step 6:The rebooting time depends on the hardware and software speed of your router.
SETTING STATIC IP ADDRESS OF THE ROUTER
- Step 1:After performing the how to fix orange light on router steps mentioned above to reboot the router to the default factory settings, follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Step 2:On the Windows computer, find the Control Panel option and click to open the Control Panel window.
- Step 3:Select Network and Sharing Center Change Adapter Settings Ethernet or Local Area Connection Properties TCP IPv4 Properties to open the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties window.
- Step 4:When you see the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties window on the screen, select the radio button next to the ‘Use the following IP address’ option.
- Step 5:Fill the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway fields with the correct information.
- Step 6:The IP address of your router needs to be entered in the IP Address field. Click OK to exit the Properties window.
- Step 7:After setting up the static IP address of the router manually by performing the steps mentioned above, proceed with the following steps to check for error.
- Step 8:Then, open the Run window by pressing the Win and R keys simultaneously.
- Step 9:In the Run window, type ‘cmd’ without the single quotes.
- Step 10:The Command window opens. Type and enter the command line ‘ping router’s IP address’ in the Command window.
- Step 11:You will get a reply in the Command window if the error is resolved by using this how to fix orange light on router solutions.