HOW TO FIX RED LIGHT ON ROUTER
In a router, you can find many lights that indicate one specific action. In most of the routers, you can find the Power, Broadband, Internet, Wireless, and Ethernet LEDs. If the router is working properly, then you can find the green LED below the feature indication (power, broadband, internet, wireless, or Ethernet). If the green light turns red, then it indicates some issue or error. For each feature (power, internet, or ethernet), the red light indicates different issues.
If the Broadband LED changes into red, then it indicates a physical network issue or defect in the cables or the modem. Perform the required troubleshooting instructions to fix this issue.
If your router is unable to authenticate the server, then the Service LED light turns red. You can fix the red light on the router easily by following the quick troubleshooting instructions given below.
- Step 1:Check if there is a new firmware update available for your router.
- Step 2:If so, update your router’s firmware and then check if the issue is resolved.
- Step 3:If it does not work, relocate the router to a new place.
- Step 4:If any radio waves emitting device is placed near the router, then clear it from there, and check if the red light issue is resolved.
- Step 5:If not, read the advanced troubleshooting instructions given below and proceed with the same.
- Step 6:If the Internet LED is blinking red, then it is related to an authentication issue, IP filter trouble, or network issues.
- Step 7:To fix this issue, you have to reset your Wi-Fi connection.
- Step 8:To do that, navigate to the Network Settings section on your Android device and locate your Wi-Fi network’s SSID.
- Step 9:Long press on your router’s SSID and tap the Forgot Network option displayed on the screen.
- Step 10:Wait for a while. After that, turn on the Wi-Fi on your Android device.
- Step 11:Choose the same SSID and type its valid password.
- Step 12:If the Internet red light issue remains unresolved, then contact our technical experts to fix this issue.