How To Get Security Key For Router
The network security key also called the password or passphrase, which is mainly used to provide authorization and allow wireless devices to connect to the router in order to access the internet. The security key protects the network and the devices connected to it from unwanted access. Continue reading to know how to get security key for router.
There are two types of network security key for a router:
We will now be walking through the steps on how to access/get the security key for the router (any manufacturer). We will now be describing the steps for the Windows 10 computer.
- Step 1 :Turn on your Windows 10 computer.
- Step 2 :Click the Windows (Start menu) icon on the bottom left corner of the desktop screen.
- Step 3 :Click Settings on the left side and the Settings window will open.
- Step 4 :Select the Network and Internet option.
- Step 5 :Navigate to the network and sharing center.
- Step 6 :Under the Network and Sharing Center, select the name of the wireless network you wish to connect. Then select the Wireless Properties option.
- Step 7 :You will now have to select the network security key option under Network Properties to know how to get security key for router.
- Step 8 :Enter the password and then press the Enter button.
- Step 9 :Once the network requirements check is complete, after acquiring the IP address, you will be connected to the internet.
- Step 10 :You will see the connection status right under the wireless device.
Open Control Panel from the Windows icon menu on your Windows 10 computer.
- Step 1 :Click the Network and Internet option.
- Step 2 :Now, you have to select the option Manage Wireless Networks and then click the SSID that you are connected to.
- Step 3 :Perform a right-click on the network name and click the Properties option, click the Security tab.
- Step 4 :You will find the network key right there.
Similarly, if you do not know the wireless password of your router, then you can locate the default wireless password on the router label. In case you have changed the password, then connect the router to your computer using an Ethernet cable. Then, navigate to the router’s setup page using a web browser. Navigate to the Wireless section and you can locate the wireless password of your router here. Finally know how to get security key for router.