How To Hook Up Dsl Modem To Wireless Router
Your wireless router is the device that helps you to share the internet connection to all the devices connected to it. But before that, the router must be connected to a DSL modem. You can share and print documents over a wireless network. Refer to the step-by-step guidelines mentioned on this web page to know how to hook up DSL modem to wireless router.
- Step 1:Check if your DSL modem, wireless router, and computer are turned off.
- Step 2:Take an Ethernet cable and establish a connection between the DSL modem and wireless router.
- Step 3:Make sure to connect the Ethernet cable from the DSL modem to the WAN port on your router.
- Step 4:Connect the Ethernet (LAN) port of the wireless router to the Ethernet port of the computer using another Ethernet cable.
Turning On All The Devices:
- Step 1:Turn on the computer and proceed with how to hook up DSL modem to wireless router guide.
- Step 2:Connect a power cord between the wireless router and the power source.
- Step 3:Plug the DSL modem’s power cord into a wall outlet.
- Step 4:Power up both the wireless router and the DSL modem.
Wireless Router’s Web-based Setup Page:
- Step 1:Open a web browser on the computer that is connected to the wireless router.
- Step 2:Enter the router’s IP address in the address bar and press the Enter key on the computer’s keyboard.
- Step 3:When prompted, enter the default login credentials of the router in the appropriate fields and click Sign In or Login.
- Step 4:Now, you can access the web-based setup page of the wireless router from the web browser.
- Step 5:Customize your network parameters such as password, security, and network name.
- Step 6:Note: The default IP address, network name, and security key can be found on a label at the bottom of the wireless router.
- Step 7:To get more assistance for establishing a connection between the DSL modem and the wireless router even using above given how to hook up DSL modem to wireless router guide, contact our technical experts by clicking the Call button given below.