HOW TO MANAGE WIFI ROUTER SPEED?
Having an Internet connection makes most of your works easier. But what if the speed of the Internet connection on your router is not good enough? So, when you feel that you have to fine tune your router settings to increase its speed, you must know the factors that affect the speed of the router. They are listed below to know how to manage WiFi router speed:
- 1. Placement of the router
- 2. Interference
- 3. Wireless Channel
- 4. Bandwidth
- 5. Devices connected to the router
To boost the speed of your Wi-Fi router, make use of the steps given below, that are universal to almost all brands of routers.
- Step 1:Initially, install the router on a central place, which is not closer to a wall or any other obstructions.
- Step 2:Interference with other wireless devices can cause a massive conflict.
- Step 3:The devices that are using the same frequency can come in interference with your router.
- Step 4:Make sure to keep devices such as baby monitor, radio, microwaves away from the router to achieve a proper signal status on your wireless device.
- Step 5:You can also change the wireless channel on the router settings page.
- Step 6:To make changes to the wireless channel in the router, follow the steps given below.
- Step 7:Enter the router IP address in the address bar and press the enter button.
- Step 9:The router page will open, click Wireless and select Channel and SSID.
- Step 10:In the wireless channel drop-down list, select the channel 1-13 and click the Apply Changes button.
Now, if you have more number of devices connected to your router, then you can limit the speed (bandwidth) for each device, so that they don’t come in interference with the other devices connected to the router. Here we have given the steps to restrict the bandwidth on Linksys routers.
- Step 1:Connect your computer to the router.
- Step 2:Go to the router’s web page in a browser.
- Step 3:Once you enter the router page, click the Bandwidth Control-Control Settings option on the left menu panel.
- Step 4:Checkmark the box beside Enable Bandwidth Control.
- Step 5:Choose your Internet connection type in the Line Type field.
- Step 6:Enter the Egress and Ingress bandwidth fields as provided by your ISP, then click Save.
- Step 7:Click Rules List under Bandwidth Control and then click Add New.
- Step 8:Enter the required details like IP range, Port, Ingress and Egress bandwidths, etc.
- Step 9:Finally, know how to manage WiFi router speed.