How To Open DMZ On Router?
Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) is a host that has all the UDP and TCP ports opened and exposed. To open or enable the DMZ host on your router, follow the instructions given below.
Here we had provided the instructions to know how to open DMZ on router for the router models such as Linksys, TP-Link, and Netgear.
- Step 1:First, go to your Linksys router’s web access page.
- Step 2:On the web UI page, click the Applications & Gaming tab followed by the DMZ sub-tab.
- Step 3:Select the Enabled option by clicking the radio button beside it.
- Step 4:Now, select the Source IP address and Destination.
- Step 5:If you wish to expose your computer using an IP address, then click the radiobutton beside the Any IP Address
- Step 6:To allow access to a specific one, choose the second option.
- Step 7:Enter the IP Address manually in the given fields.
- Step 8:Similarly, in the Destination section, select the IP address or MAC Address option.
- Step 9:To specify the DMZ host by the IP Address, select the IP Address option.
- Step 10:If you wish to specify the DMZ host by MAC address, then select the second option.
- Step 11:After setting up the DMZ host option,click the Save Settings
Steps to know how to open DMZ on router on TP-Link. Initially, sign in to your router’s GUI from a web browser on your computer.
Wireless And 3G Routers (Green GUI) :
- Step 1:Expand the Forwarding
- Step 2:Select the DMZ
- Step 3:Now, the DMZ settings window will open.
- Step 4:Click the radio button beside the Enable
- Step 5:Enter the IP address in the text field titledDMZ Host IP Address.
- Step 6:Click
Wireless And 3G Routers (Blue GUI) :
- Step 1:Click the Advanced
- Step 2:Now, a list of options will be displayed on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Step 3:Locate the Forwarding option and click the drop-down menu beside it.
- Step 4:Select the DMZ option from the drop-down menu list.
- Step 5:Enable the DMZ
- Step 6:Enter the IP address in the given field.
- Step 7:Click the Save
ADSL Router (Blue GUI) :
Follow the steps to know how to open DMZ on router on ADSL.
- Step 1:Click the Forwarding tab followed by
- Step 2:Enable DMZ, enter the DMZ Host IP address, and click
ADSL Router (Orange GUI) :
- Step 1:Click Advanced Setup > NAT > DMZ.
- Step 2:Click the radio button beside the Enable
- Step 3:Enter the DMZ Host IP address and click
Note: Make sure to restart your TP-Link router after enabling the DMZ option.
- Step 1:Log in to your Netgear router’s web access page.
- Step 2:Click the Advanced
- Step 3:Select the Setup option followed by WAN Setup.
- Step 4:Now, the WAN Setup page will open.
- Step 5:Click the checkbox beside the Default DMZ Server
- Step 6:In the given field, type the DMZ host IP address and click. If you have any further queries regarding how to open DMZ on router, click the call button.