HOW TO OPEN PORTS ON ROUTER FOR Ps4
- Forwarding ports is also known as opening ports. The TCP ports to be forwarded are given below for your reference using how to open ports on router for PS4.
The instructions to perform port forwarding on a Netgear R7000 router for PS4 are mentioned below.
Step 1 - IP and MAC address
- Step 1:On the home screen of PS4, find the Settings icon and click it.
- Step 2:When you see the Settings menu, select the Network option.
- Step 3:Select the View Connection Status option on the Network screen.
- Step 4:Note down the IP address and MAC address of PS4 and proceed with how to open ports on router for PS4.
- Step 5:Also, make sure to note the IP address of your Netgear R7000 router.
Step 2 - Netgear R7000 router web-interface setup page
- Step 1:Go to your computer and visit the login page of the Netgear R7000 router using its IP address on a computer’s web browser.
- Step 2:When the login page of the Netgear R7000 router appears, fill the User Name and Password fields with the correct information.
- Step 3:Once you select the Sign In button, the web-interface page of the Netgear R7000 router displays on the screen.
Step 3 - Static IP address
- Step 1:Click the Advanced tab, select the LAN Setup option on the left panel, and navigate to the Address Reservation section.
- Step 2:Click the Add button to open the Address Reservation webpage on the screen.
- Step 3:Type the IP address and MAC address of the PS4 device in the IP Address and MAC Address fields.
- Step 4:Type your PS4 device name in the Device Name field.
Step 4 - Port forwarding
- Step 1:Select the Advanced Setup option followed by the Port forwarding/port triggering option on the left panel.
- Step 2:When you see the Port Forwarding/Port Triggering webpage, select the radio button next to the Port Forwarding option.
- Step 3:Click the Add Custom Service button and perform how to open ports on router for PS4.
- Step 1:Fill the Service Name field, select the TCP/UDP option from the Protocol drop-down menu, and type the 80 port in the External Port Range and Internal Port Range fields.
- Step 2:After providing the correct information in the Internal IP Address field, click the Apply button.
- Step 1:When the Port Forwarding/Port triggering webpage appears on the screen, click the Add Custom Service button to add another port.
- Step 2:Enter 443 in the External Port Range and Internal Port Range fields.
- Step 3:Ensure that you selected the TCP/UDP option from the Protocol drop-down list.
- Step 4:After filling the Service Name and Internal IP Address fields, click the Apply button to save these settings.
- Step 5:Use the how to open ports on router for PS4 instructions mentioned above to add the 1935 and 3478-3479 ports also. Finally, reboot both your Netgear R7000 router and the PS4 device.