HOW TO PING The ROUTER
Read and proceed with the guided instructions given below to know how to ping the router on your system.
- Step 1:Ping is nothing but a network administrator utility that checks if your system is connected to a network.
- Step 2:Now, click the Start or Windows icon available on your system’s taskbar.
- Step 3:Tap anywhere in the Search field and type the Command Prompt keyword.
- Step 4:Press the Enter button on your system’s keyboard and proceed with how to ping the router guidelines.
- Step 5:Now the Command Prompt window will open
- Step 6:If you know the IP address of your router setup, then enter it in the command prompt screen and proceed with how to ping the router.
- Step 7:If not, find it out by typing the ipconfig command in the same cmd screen.
- Step 8:After finding the IP address of your router setup, enter it in the format as given below.
Ping IP address or default gateway of the router.Example: ping 192.168.0.1
- Step 1:Press the Enter button. Now the ping command will send four packets.
- Step 2:Once how to ping the router procedure is done, close the section by typing the Exit command in the Command Prompt screen.