OpenDNS is not a software or application to be removed. It is a service that provides safe browsing through the internet. If you want to remove OpenDNS from your router, disable it by performing the steps mentioned here.
- Step 1:Access the router’s login page by entering the IP address of your wireless router in the web browser’s address bar.
- Step 1:If you do not remember the correct IP address of the wireless router, check it in the ‘Network and Sharing Center’ window on your Windows computer.
- Step 3:As soon as you see the wireless router’s login page, provide the correct user ID and password in the given fields.
- Step 4:When you click the Log In button, the wireless router’s web-interface page will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 5:Navigate to the DNS Server settings section.
- Step 6:Replace the IP address of the DNS server with the already existing IP address that you have noted while configuring the DNS Server settings.
- Step 7:If you need assistance to disable the OpenDNS service, contact our technical support member.
- Step 8:You can also disable the OpenDNS service by deleting the OpenDNS subscription.