How To Reset Modem And Router From Computer?
Facing issues with your network connection? Then, reset modem and router from computer will help you resolve it.
You can also do the reset from your computer. Follow us through the steps that are given below to reset your modem and router from your computer.
Since reset requires a reconfiguration later, first, go for a reboot, which might resolve the issue you are facing.
- Step 1:Remove the power cord of the modem and router from the outlets.
- Step 2:If you have connected the router or modem to network switches, or hub, remove all the hardware connections before reset modem and router from computer.
- Step 3:Wait for at least 2 minutes and connect all the hardware connections again.
- Step 4:Once the modem and router reboots, check whether the issue has been resolved.
- Step 5:If rebooting didn’t work, proceed to reset your devices.
- Step 1:To reset from your computer, your computer and the router have to be connected.
- Step 2:Now, get the IP address of your router.
- Step 3:Open the router's web-based setup page using this IP address.
- Step 4:Go to the Settings window from your computer.
- Step 5:Select the Status tab and click the 'View your network properties' link.
- Step 6:Click the TCP/IP tab to locate the IP address of your router.
- Step 7:Otherwise, open the Command Prompt window as an admin user and type "ipconfig."
- Step 8:You can locate the IP address of the router in the Default gateway section.
- Step 9:Now, enter the IP address of the router in the address bar of your browser.
- Step 10:Type the default login credentials of your router.
- Step 11:If you have changed the default credentials, use the correct username and password. Then, click Login.
- Step 12:On the router's web-based setup page, select the Administration tab.
- Step 13:Navigate to the Factory Defaults section. Then, click on the Restore Factory Defaults button.
- Step 14:Once the reset is complete, all the router settings will be restored to the factory defaults.
- Step 15:You can now reconfigure the router according to your preferred settings after completing the reset modem and router from computer.
- Step 1:First, make sure your computer and the modem are connected.
- Step 2:Type the IP address of your modem in the address bar of your browser.
- Step 3:Enter the username and password of the modem on the modem’s login page.
- Step 4:Once you are on the modem's configuration page, select the Advanced settings. Then, click on the Factory Reset button.
- Step 5:When the resetting process is complete, the modem restarts automatically.
- Step 6:You can now reconfigure your modem from the configuration page once complete the process reset modem and router from computer.