How to reset the router after a power outage ?
If you faced a recent power outage, you have to reset all the connected devices in order to gain a working internet connection.
Whenever you find your Wi-Fi network goes down, you can easily reset the router after a power outage
Follow the given steps to get the router up in running position.
First, restart your modem and router, or gateway:
- STEP : 1 Unplug the power cord from the router or the modem and remove the batteries.
- STEP : 2 Before you startreinstalling the batteries, wait for 30 seconds.
- STEP : 3 Once done, you can reinsert the batteries and then reconnect to the power cable.
- STEP : 4 You have to wait for more than 10 minutes for the connection to be detected and look for services to be connected.
- STEP : 5 Once the connections are made, the blinking LEDs will turn solid.
- STEP : 6 Once the router finds the internet connection, you can perform the initial configuration of logging in to the link textrouter interface and then showing other methods like setting up the password, etc.
Reset the Router
STEP : 1
Once you face the power outage, here are the steps in resetting your router back to normal.
STEP : 2
Follow the directions given below to reset the router:
STEP : 3
Make sure the router is connected to the power outlet.
STEP : 4
Locate the reset button at the back of the router.
STEP : 5
Use a tiny sharp object like a paperclip and insert it into the reset hole of the router.
STEP : 6
Press the object into the reset hole for about 20 seconds until you see the LED
STEP : 7
Performing the step will reset the router back to the default factory settings.
STEP : 8
Now,you can proceed to reconfigure the router to get it working again.
Reconfiguring the Router
- STEP : 1 Plug the router into the power outlet and make sure the Wi-Fi is getting adequate power supply.
- STEP : 2 Oncedone, make sure to connect the router to your device using the Ethernet cable.
- STEP : 3 Once the connection is secure, open the default browser on your computer and try logging into the router page.
- STEP : 4 Make sure you have the latest version of the browser you are using (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer and Safari)
- STEP : 5 Make sure to have the latest firmware upgrades for your router.
- STEP : 6 You can download the firmware updates from the router page once you ave entered the IP in the address bar.
- STEP : 7 Once you enter the IP in the address bar, hit the Enter button.
- STEP : 8 Perform the above step, and the router login page will appear on your windows screen.
- STEP : 9 Here, you will have to enter the default login credentials.
- STEP : 10 the default username: admin
- STEP : 11 the default password: password
- STEP : 12 Hit the Enter button after filling the login credentials, and you will now be open to the router dashboard.
- STEP : 13 You can now make several changes to your router settings as per your requirements.
The reconfiguration of your router is now done, check to see if the router works fine now.
If the problem persists, click the Call button available on this web page to get help from our technical experts to reset the router after a power outage.