HOW TO RESET WIFI EXTENDER TO NEW ROUTER?
You should reset your Wi-Fi extender to the factory defaults before connecting it to a new router.
Follow these steps to restore the default factory settings on your extender. Here, we take the Netgear Wi-Fi extender and Netgear as an example. Carry out the below-mentioned steps on how to reset wifi extender to a new router.
Resetting the Netgear router:
- Step 1:On your new Netgear router, press the Power button.
- Step 2:Locate the Reset button on the router once it turns on.
- Step 3:Press and hold it for 7 seconds using a paper clip.
- Step 4:Now, the router will be reset to the factory defaults.
Resetting the Netgear Wi-Fi extender:
- Step 1:Press and hold the Reset button on the Wi-Fi extender for 10 seconds.
- Step 2:You can also reset the Wi-Fi extender and the router using the web GUI.
Setting up the Wi-Fi Extender with the router:
- Step 1:Once you have reset both the devices to factory defaults, connect them using the WPS Push Button method.
- Step 2:Make sure that you have turned on the router.
- Step 3:On your router, press the WPS button and hold it for 5 seconds until the WPS indicator light glows.
- Step 4:Next, go to the Wi-Fi extender and press the WPS button for 5 seconds. This should be executed within a minute.
- Step 5:Wait until the WPS indicator light on the Wi-Fi extender stops blinking.
- Step 6:If the router link LED is lit on your extender, it means the extender is connected to the Wi-Fi router.
- Step 7:Once you have connected the extender to the new router, configure the basic settings on the router’s web GUI.
- Step 8:Follow these steps on how to reset wifi extender to a new router.
Carry out these steps to configure the Wi-Fi extender settings on the router’s settings page:
- Step 1:On your computer connected to the router, open the default browser and access the router’s settings page using the router’s login credentials.
- Step 2:Click the New Extender Setup button and create a new account.
- Step 3:If your extender supports the AP mode, select the Wi-Fi Range Extender option.
- Step 4:Next, select your wireless network from the displayed list and click Next.
- Step 5:Enter the network key and click Next.
- Step 6:Select your SSID and skip the registration.
- Step 7:Follow the on-screen prompts and finish the extender settings on the router’s administrative interface.
- Step 8:By using these steps on how to reset wifi extender to a new router.