HOW TO RESET WIRELESS PASSWORD
Performing a router reset will reset the wireless password of your router.
- Step 1:Make sure that the router is turned On.
- Step 2:Look for the Reset button located at the rear of the router
- Step 3:If the Reset button is too small and embedded inside, make use of a the pointed end of a paper clip or a sharp object to push it.
- Step 4:Now press and hold the reset button on the router for 15 seconds..
- Step 5:Wait until the router restarts and your router is now Reset.
- Step 6:This completes the wireless password reset.
Change the Wireless password of the router
Once you reset the wireless password, you need to change it as unauthorized users can access your network easily.
- Step 1:Access your router’s configuration page via a browser on your computer.
- Step 2:Look for the URL and credentials on the sticker stuck on the router and enter it.
- Step 3:The configuration page will open, enter the credentials, and then select click Log in.
- Step 4:Open the Wireless section of the router page. Note that this may vary from one router brand to the other.
- Step 5:In some routers, there may be a few subsections, here, you need to select Wireless security.
- Step 6:Look for the box labeled Password, Passphrase or Shared Key and change the password.
- Step 7:The label of the box will also vary depending on the router brand used.
- Step 8:Choose the security type as WPA2/WPA.