Restart My Router From My Computer
Routers can be accessed and configured from a computer connected to it using the web-based interface. Almost all the routers have a web-based interface and this makes your job easier. If you are seeking for a possible method to restart your router from your computer, go through this article. The how to restart my router from my computer guidelines to restart a Netgear router from your computer are given here.
- Step 1 :First, check if your Windows computer is connected to the Netgear router’s wireless network.
- Step 1 :To find the IP address of the Netgear router, perform the following instructions.
- Step 2 :Open the Command Prompt window on yourcomputer and enter the ‘ipconfig’ command in it.
- Step 3 :Go to the Default Gateway field and the Netgear router’s IP address will be shown next to it.
Default settings for most of the Netgear router models:
- Step 1 :IP address - 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
- Step 2 :User name - admin
- Step 3 :Password - password
Accessing the Netgear router’s web page:
Step 1 :Navigate to the address field of the default web browser on the computer and then enter the Netgear router’s IP address that you have noted in the previous how to restart my router from my computer step.
Step 2 :If the Authentication Required dialog box appearson the screen, provide the valid credentials in the User Name and Password fields.
Step 3 :Once you select the OK option in the Authentication Required dialog box, the web-based setup page of the Netgear router will open.
- Step 1 :Now, click the Basic Settings tab on the left panel and select the Apply option.
- Step 2 :The Updating Settings message will appear on the screen.
- Step 3 :This will restart the Netgear router.
- Step 4 :If you have any queries on using how to restart my router from my computer guidelines, contact our technical experts.