HOW TO SET INTERNET SPEED LIMIT ON ROUTER
When you want to limit the internet usage and manage the internet speed of the router network for a specific task, you can configure the bandwidth and the priority settings on the router. The following how to set internet speed limit on router procedures will help you set the desired internet speed on the Netgear router network;
- Step 1:Connect the computer to the router using over a wired or wireless network.
- Step 2:For a wired connection, use an Ethernet cable.
- Step 3:Open the browser window on the computer and enter the Netgear router’s IP address to open the router login page.
- Step 4:Now, enter the router login credentials, the default Username is admin and Password is password. But, if you have changed the credentials over time, then use those details.
- Step 5:When the router’s setup page shows up, follow the below steps;
Method-1 Quality of Service settings:
- Step 1:You can prioritize certain actions or programs, so that a particular program receives more traffic than others.
- Step 2:Go to the Advanced tab on the setup page, and under Setup, select the QoS setup menu.
- Step 3:Now, click Setup QoS rule. Following that, choose the Add Priority Rule option and proceed with how to set internet speed limit on router.
- Step 4:Select the required Priority Category from the options such as Applications, Ethernet LAN port, and MAC Address.
- Step 5:Under the chosen priority category, you can set the priority by choosing the desired Priority level, from Highest, High, Normal, and Low. Finally, click Apply to save the settings.
Method-2 Changing network channel:
- Step 1:If you want to improve the internet speed for the Wi-Fi network, open the router configuration page on the web browser.
- Step 2:Go to the Wireless Network settings and check for the Channel menu.
- Step 3:Change the Auto option from the drop-down menu in the Channel field to any other working channels.
- Step 4:Save the settings on the router page.
Method-3 Set Dynamic QoS:
- Step 1:The Dynamic Quality of Service helps to manage the network traffic considering the bandwidth allotment and the network settings. By this, the internet speed improves for the desired program.
- Step 2:On the router setup page, navigate to the Advanced tab and select the Dynamic QoS menu.
- Step 3:Tick the checkbox of the Enable Dynamic QoS option to use dynamic QoS.
- Step 4:Then, mention your internet bandwidth to start using the Dynamic QoS feature. But, if you do not know the bandwidth speed, then perform the speed test by clicking on the Speedtest button to find the internet speed.
- Step 5:After that, select the Apply button to save the changes and then check below for a link.
- Step 6:Click the link to open a page that shows the devices connected to the network and its bandwidth speed.
While following how to set internet speed limit on router procedure, you are in need of any technical help? Get instant remote assistance from our tech experts.