How To Set Parental Controls On Spectrum Router?
Set parental controls on spectrum router is a feature in a few electronic devices like streaming devices, TV, computer, video games, mobile devices, and other software that allow parents to restrict access to certain content to their children. There may be content that may be deemed inappropriate for a certain age and with parental controls. A lack of parental controls in the household could enable kids to be a part of cyberbullying or be the victim of cyberbullying. Parental Control permits you to manage what your kids watch on TV or online. The Parental Control features are managed separately for your Spectrum Receiver, the Spectrum TV App, Spectrum TV.com as well as TV channel apps. Parents are enabled to set a variety of controls on the router, such as limiting online time, reviewing usage statistics, and these controls are all accessed through the Spectrum Security Suite.
For Windows users:
- Step 1:Log in to your computer with the login credentials to set the username and password.
- Step 2:If you’re already logged in, press the WINDOWS key + L and then select the Switch User option and follow the on-going prompts.
- Step 3:Open Security Suite for the Spectrum router and select the Parental Controls option.
- Step 4:Select the Turn On button.
- Step 5:When the Parental control features are displayed, select settings, and make changes.
- Step 6:When you select the settings, you can set the toggle switch to On/Off based on your requirement.
- Step 7:Content Blocker: This restricts access to certain websites based on content keywords.
- Step 8:Search Result Filter: It hides the explicit content from the search bar predictions.
- Step 1:Open Security Suite.
- Step 2:Select the Antivirus tab for the Spectrum router and then select Preferences.
- Step 3:A new window for Preferences will open.
- Step 4:Select the Parental Control tab.
- Step 5:Select the content blocker option to enable the Parental Controls in the Spectrum wizard.
- Step 6:You might need to select the lock icon on the Parental Control window to change to your settings.
- Step 7:Now, enter the password for the computer so you can make changes.
- Step 8:Now, select each content category that you want to block after you Set parental controls on spectrum routers.