HOW TO SET UP A WEP HOTSPOT?
Scroll down this web page to know how to set up a WEP hotspot on your mobile or computer.
WEP or Wired Equivalent Privacy is an encryption type that allows access to a network using a security key. That means if you have configured your connection using the WEP encryption type, then you will be prompted to enter a password when you try to access the network.
If you have no idea how to configure your network using the WEP encryption type, then read and proceed with the methods given below.
Setting a Wi-Fi hotspot on Mobile using WEP
- Step 1:First, disable the Cellular data or Mobile Data feature on your mobile.
- Step 2:Check if the Wi-Fi option is enabled. If yes, disable it.
- Step 3:To do so, slide down the main screen of your mobile to access the dashboard. Tap on the Wi-Fi icon. Now, the Wi-Fi option will be disabled.
- Step 4:Otherwise, go to Settings > Wireless & networks and tap the Wi-Fi icon to turn it OFF.
- Step 5:Now, you have to enable the Mobile Hotspot feature on your mobile. On the Apps screen, select the Settings option and tap More > Tethering & Mobile Hotspot > Mobile Hotspot.
- Step 6:Now, select the Mobile Hotspot settings option followed by Configure Mobile Hotspot.
- Step 7:In the Hotspot name field, enter a unique name for your hotspot network.
- Step 8:Select the WEP option from the Security type drop-down menu
- Step 9:Finally, tap Save.
If you wish to setting up a WEP hotspot on your Windows computer, then perform the following how to set up a WEP hotspot instructions.
- Step 1:Open the Control Panel application.
- Step 2:Navigate to the Network and Sharing Center section, then click Set up a new connection or network followed by the Manually connect to a wireless network option.
- Step 3:Open the Enter information for the Wireless Network you want to Add window by clicking the Next button available at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 4:In the Network name field, enter the desired hotspot name.
- Step 6:Choose the WEP option from the Security key drop-down menu.
- Step 7:Enter a unique hotspot security key in the given field.
- Step 8:Click Next > Change connection settings.
- Step 9:Go to the Security tab followed by the Security Type heading section.
- Step 10:Click the Shared option.
- Step 11:Complete the setup by clicking the OK button followed by Close.
If you need remote assistance on how to set up a WEP hotspot, contact our technical experts.