How To Setup A Modem And Router?
Are you wondering how to set up a modem and router? Then you have visited the right page to learn it.Usually, most people prefer setting up the modem and router to enlarge the network coverage and to increase security against hackers and unknown users. The below section explains how to setup a modem and router over a wired connection.
To perform this setup, you need the following components:
Setting up the modem and the router
Step 1: Physical setup
- Step 1:Initially, connect your modem to a stable and active internet connection using a coaxial cable.
- Step 2:Now, get the power cord of your modem and connect it to an electrical outlet.
- Step 3:Turn on your modem.
- Step 4:Make sure that the necessary LEDs are blinking on the modem.
- Step 5:Now, get an Ethernet cable.
- Step 6:Connect your modem to the router using the Ethernet cable.
- Step 7:Make sure to connect the cable to the WAN (Internet) port of your router.
- Step 8:Connect the router to an electrical outlet using its power cord.
- Step 9:Now, turn on your router and check if the power, internet, and other necessary LEDs are blinking on the router’s control panel.
- Step 10:Get another Ethernet cable and connect it between your router and computer.
- Step 11:Make sure to connect the cable to the LAN port of your router.
- Step 12:Now, check the LED status of your router and the modem.
- Step 13:The LEDs on the router and modem must be lit up.
Congratulations! You have successfully done the physical setup.
Step 2: Configuring the router settings
- Step 1:Open the default browser on the computer that is connected to the internet.
- Step 2:In the address field of the browser, type the IP address of your browser.
- Step 3:If prompted, enter the router’s default credentials to sign in.
- Step 4:Once you have reached the router’s web GUI, you can configure the router settings such as network, wireless, VoIP, etc.
- Step 5:Now, if you wish to configure the wireless settings of your router, then click on the Wireless tab and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Step 6:Finish the modem and the router setup by following the on-screen instructions. Now we have seen how to Setup A Modem And Router.
If you need remote assistance in setting up the modem and router, contact us.