How To Fix Internet Light Blinking On Router?
When you have a wireless router, you are bound to come across certain issues related to Internet connectivity. While you face the connectivity issue, if you notice the LED on your router, you could notice it blinking. Yes, since the routers do not have any display on them, any issue in the router will be notified by the LEDs mounted on them. If you see the Internet LED blinking on your router, then it is related to the Internet connectivity issue. Here we have some troubleshooting steps to fix the blinking Internet LED on your router. We will now be guiding you through some troubleshooting techniques to resolve the internet light blinking on router.
If the connection between the router and the modem is faulty, then the router won’t receive the Internet connection from the modem. As a result, the Internet LED would start to blink.
- Step 1:Initially check the USB cable connected between the router and the modem.
- Step 2:If the USB cable is defective, replace it with a new one.
- Step 3:Make sure the USB cable from the modem is connected to the WAN port of the router.
- Step 4:If the connection seems to be perfect and still if the Internet LED is blinking, then perform the next troubleshooting step.
Restart the router and modem:
- Step 1:Turn off the router and the modem and remove their power adapters.
- Step 2:Remove the cable connection between them.
- Step 3:Wait for some time (around a minute).
- Step 4:Now, connect the Ethernet cable between the modem and the WAN port of the router.
- Step 5:Connect the power adapter to the modem and turn it on.
- Step 6:Let it boot up completely.
- Step 7:Now, connect the power adapter to the router and turn it on.
- Step 8:Check if the Internet LED blinking issue has been fixed.
- Step 9:Follow these steps to fix the internet light blinking on router.
Check the modem:
- Step 1:Instead of connecting your computer to the router, connect it directly to the modem using an Ethernet cable and check if you could access the Internet.
- Step 2:If you are connected to the Internet, then there is no issue with your modem or ISP.
- Step 3:If not, check with your ISP if there is any outage or connectivity issue.
Upgrade Router Firmware
- Step 1:If the USB cable is defective, replace it with a new one.
- Step 2:If the router’s firmware is outdated, then you could come across these kinds of issues.
- Step 3:So, download the latest router firmware from its official site, using another Internet connection.
- Step 4:Once you have downloaded the firmware, connect your router to your computer, access the router’s web interface, and update the firmware.
- Step 5:Now, connect the router to the modem and check if the Internet LED blinking issue has been fixed.
Reset the router:
- Step 1:If the above mentioned troubleshooting steps did not fix the LED blinking issue, the final fix would be to reset the router.
- Step 2:Locate the Reset button on your router.
- Step 3:Press the button with a sharp needle-like object for about 5 to 30 seconds.
- Step 4:Once the router is reset, it will reboot.
- Step 5:Now, the LED blinking issues must be fixed on your router.
- Step 6:By using these steps to fix the internet light blinking on router.