How To Do Lan To Lan Router Configuration
Local Area Network to Local Area Network configuration is a simple way to connect two routers together using an Ethernet cable. If you wish to extend your internet range, Lan to Lan router configuration, you can share files between the devices that are connected to the network. The below section covers the detailed instructions that help you in configuring your router using the LAN-to-LAN connection.
Prepare for the LAN to LAN configuration
- Step 1:Before you begin this configuration process, get two routers and Ethernet cables.
- Step 2:Decide the primary and the secondary router.
- Step 3:Primary or main router: Try to select a full-featured router as the primary or main router.
- Step 4:Secondary router: Used to extend your primary network strength. Use your old router as the secondary router.
- Step 5:After preparing for the LAN-to-LAN configuration process, place both the routers near your laptop or desktop device.
Performing the initial setup
- Step 1:First, connect your main or primary router to the modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Step 2:Using another Ethernet cable connect the main router and your computer.
- Step 3:If your computer doesn’t have the Ethernet port, then you can use an Ethernet to USB adapter for the connectivity.
- Step 4:Now, you have completed the initial connectivity process.
- Step 5:Finish the entire Lan to Lan router configuration process by configuring your main router settings on its web access page.
Configure the main router settings on its web access page
- Step 1:Now, open a web browser on the computer that is connected to your main router.
- Step 2:Go to the main router’s web access page by entering its IP address in the address field of the web browser.
- Step 3:If prompted, enter the router’s credentials to log in.
- Step 4:Note: The router settings may vary based on its model and manufacturer. Refer to your router’s user guide to know about the exact options and settings.
- Step 5:Now, click the Network Setup tab.
- Step 6:To create the LAN-to-LAN network, locate the DHCP Server option and set it as default.
- Step 7:Click the Apply button followed by Save.
- Step 8:Log out from your main router’s web access page.
- Step 9:Disconnect your computer from the main router’s network if required.
- Step 10:Now, you have successfully finish your Lan to Lan router configuration process.
Configuring the second router on its web access page
- Step 1:Now, start configuring your secondary router.
- Step 2:Connect the secondary router to your computer using an Ethernet cable.
- Step 3:After that, go to your secondary router’s web access page from the computer’s web browser.
- Step 4:On the secondary router’s web access page, go to the Subnet mask option.
- Step 5:Make sure that the Subnet Mask of your secondary router matches the primary router.
- Step 6:After that, disable the UPnP option on your secondary router.
- Step 7:Also, disable or turn off the DHCP service of the secondary router.
- Step 8:Click the Save button after making the required changes.
- Step 9:Now, you have configured both the routers.
- Step 10:You can place both the routers wherever you want.
- Step 11:But, make sure to keep both the routers connected to each other using the Ethernet cable.
- Step 12:Once you have connected both the router using the Ethernet cable together, the Lan to Lan router configuration process is complete.
Contact us to get remote assistance on the same.